Gaming- Need Hardware suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't buy anything from Amazon they rip you off, badly. Buy from a pc store or you'll find yourself with the same kind of increase as buying a washing machine from a fishing shop.

The graphics card I would say is fine, I have 128mb of RAM for mine and it does what I want. Not at top graphics, but It's lagless and works. Suppose it depends just how good you want the graphics!

OMG..... I read some of these posts... I just skipped to the bottom, I didn't feel like reading anymore..

Anyway.. If you're looking for a quick fix to play CS: Source, I would recommend upgrading your CPU. However, I don't really think upgrading to a Socket 754 is a good idea, and if you have the money, I would recommend upgrading to PCIe and a newer socket, which will run you for some money, and probably isn't needed for CS: Source. Try upgrading to an Athlon 64 3200+.. I'm not sure how easy they are to find in the UK, I assume that's where you're from, but in the US, you can pick one up from newegg for 32 dollars or so? 35 maybe? I can't remember.

Anyway, the next upgrade would be your video card.. you might not even need to upgrade it, if it's just the CPU hodling you back.. if you're going to stick with AGP, the x1650xt works very well for it's price, and would do well for Source.

You have 1gb of RAM, which is honestly more than enough to run Source @ decent settings, me thinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom