Games lagging after Windows 8.1?

Wordta

Beta member
A couple of days ago I was playing games on my computer (everything running smoothly), stopped to do homework and decided to install the 8.1 update while I wasn't on. I come back after restarting after the update and my games lag. Two examples would be League of Legends and Assassins Creed with ridiculously low FPS.

HP Pavilion (laptop) Microsoft OS 64-ask for any other specs.

So far what I've done:
-Re-installed drivers which had the error 43 message. The one on my Radeon went away, but the Intel one comes and goes every time I re-install it only to come back after reboot, either way there is still lag. Edit: Neither get the error message now.
-I am currently running a McAfee scan, so if malware/etc is the case I will edit, but I doubt it.

Edit: McAfee came up with no results. Currently running defrag using RegCross. Edit: Did recommended repairs. Nothing Fixed.

Edit: Right now I'm thinking that maybe it's my games that got scrambled in the update; re-installing Assassins Creed. Edit: Re-installed with no results.

I also saw posts about "mouse lag" and a patch for that was put out-I downloaded that as well to no effect. My computer is still on warranty, so I could send it in perhaps, but I don't know what they do/if it would help. Some have suggested to downgrade to 8, but I don't have disks as it was already installed on my laptop. Would rather not pay to fix this issue if possible.

Thanks,
Word

Back
Top Bottom