Game slowing down! Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sha11e

Beta member
My friend has a problem.
When he plays HoN (Heroes of Newerth) the game slows down each 14 seconds or so, then resumes to normal.

WoW(World of Warcraft) also did this once, he deleted some trash from his computer and it never did again.

He went to Systems Requirements Lab, creator of Instant Expert Analysis and it said that his computer was over the Recommended bar.

What can the problem be?!:sad:

Could be background processes, could be malware. Either way, something id hogging his system resources.

Download and install CCleaner. Run it and click the Tools button on the left (the wrench). Now click the Startupbox (the middle one). Select each item and then click Disable, except for his antivirus and anything he needs or wants to run on bootup. When finished, reboot.

Also, have him go to Spyware Asylum, select his version of Windows, and then select the "Full Scan" option. Follow the directions the site gives you.

It would probably be a little easier to run Hijackthis to scan all of his current processes instead of taking a risk at disabling something he might need. If hes running a virus scanner that could also be it scanning the I/O of the game causing it to slow down.

It would probably be a little easier to run Hijackthis to scan all of his current processes instead of taking a risk at disabling something he might need. If hes running a virus scanner that could also be it scanning the I/O of the game causing it to slow down.

"except for his antivirus and anything he needs or wants to run on bootup." I sort of covered that. ;)

HiJackThis is a part of what he will find on Spyware Asylum, which is a site Osiris put together to help people navigate through the various scans. He even laid out screenshots to guide people along. The last step(s) of it includes posting the logs here on TF so they can be checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom