Futuremark broswer benchmark Peacekeeper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fat.Clown

I don't overclock
New online benchmark from Futuremark reveals huge gap in performance between browsers

HELSINKI, FINLAND – MARCH 12th, 2009 – Futuremark® Corporation today unveiled Peacekeeper™, a free online benchmarking tool for measuring and comparing the performance of common internet browsers. (Peacekeeper - The Browser Benchmark)

Competition between browsers has never been as hotly contested, nor have internet users had as many choices as they do now. The big five: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Chrome and Opera, see regular releases of new and innovative features and each camp's fans keep many a forum and blog busy.

So far, words have been the only shots fired in the long-running browser wars. Now, with Peacekeeper web users finally have an easy to use, impartial tool for measuring and comparing the performance of different web browsers.

Peacekeeper is a new online benchmark from Futuremark that realistically simulates the load placed on the browser by common JavaScript functions as used by popular, modern websites. For users who prioritize speed and performance, Peacekeeper helps answer the question of which browser is best for them.

source

with my FireFox 3.0.5 I only scored 603 points

IE8 scored me a whooping 459, im going to run again with everything shut down but the benchmark itself.

ran again with system set up to run a real benchmark and i scored 3 points lower.

safari seems to be the fastest, by far, its showing simular systems scoring 1600 with safari
1100 with crome
600 with firefox
less than 300 with IE7
no opera tests scores to compare with, but they seem to be 3rd best amung the browsers

760 pts with firefox v3.0.7

Not sure how accurate it is though as I have C1E turned on so the CPU kept switching down to 2.844ghz from 4.5ghz

**edit** just scored 1116 with firefox 3.1 beta 3 ...significant increase!

760 pts with firefox v3.0.7

Not sure how accurate it is though as I have C1E turned on so the CPU kept switching down to 2.844ghz from 4.5ghz

**edit** just scored 1116 with firefox 3.1 beta 3 ...significant increase!

Sweet increase!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom