Folder Sharing Nightmare (Again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalcProgrammer1

Fully Optimized
I'm getting angry at this point. The horrible monstrosity that is Vista's folder sharing system is being a real pain.

I have a folder

D:\Software

that has some subfolders (Windows Software, Linux Software, Pocket PC Software). I want it shared with everyone as read-only, but occasionally I want to change it to read/write so I can update it with files from other computers. However, Vista's awful folder sharing seems to be non-recursive, so sharing D:\Software doesn't share stuff inside Windows Software, just lets you list the folders in D:\Software. Having to go through and add permissions is a pain.

Is there a way to just wipe all permissions and start over? My folders all have their own permissions and I can't seem to get them back to normal, selecting all doesn't help because it only applies to the one I clicked on first. Better yet, is there a way to just get the real file sharing dialog for all shares (the one that Windows XP had, and Vista uses at random on certain folders but not on others)?

That dumbed-down idiot-friendly co-owner/contributor/reader nonsense has to go, it isn't real permissions and it doesn't offer any options, which makes it useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom