Fl Studio 9 - MIDI Keyboard Setup "Unidentified External Error"

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfrolka

Beta member
I bought a brand new HP Pavilion p6510y PC with an AMD processor in July. It has Windows 7, 64- bit installed on it. I've also been using Fl Studio 9 to make beats for a few months now, and it's worked out just fine. I got a new keyboard a few days ago; a Yamaha YPT-220 and it has MIDI capabilities. So I connected my MIDI-USB cord to my computer and under the MIDI settings in fl, whenever I try to click the “enable” button under Input, I get the message “Unidentified external error”. I have all 3 of the MIDI controls under the options tab checked also. I've also tried to use the button “rescan MIDI devices” and it comes up with the same message. Since then, I've taken my keyboard to my friend's house that is running Windows 7, 64-bit also… just on an Intel laptop, and the keyboard connected and worked like a charm. I've used a MIDI keyboard with fl studio on my old computer, and it worked out fine… so I don't know what the deal is. After I found out the keyboard worked on the Win 7 64-bit laptop, I thought it had something to do with my programs, drivers, etc. I've reinstalled FL studio 9 multiple times, deleted a lot of the audio drivers on my system using a driver removing software. Nothing different. So I restored my system to August 31st 2010 thinking that maybe I did something in these last couple weeks that could have changed my settings or drivers. Nothing different. This is my last resort… I also have Reason 4 on my system.. I'm thinking that might have something to do with it? I'll delete it if I have to. I just don't understand the fact that my MIDI keyboard works on another Windows 7 64-bit machine, just not mine. Could the processor really have something to do with it? If you can help me with anything… I would be very, very grateful. Thanks in advance. :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom