First programming langauge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony42086

Solid State Member
Hello everyone! I was wanting to know what is the best programming langauge to start off learning?
Thanks!

It doesn't matter, especially if programming is just a hobby for you. If you're going to learn to program in school or for a job, find out what language they will require you to use. Keep in mind that there is no "correct" answer to your question -- only opinions. Personally, I would recommend C# or Python.

Well, I don't know that you would call my interests a hobby, but I'm a fan of learning new things and I'm a student as well. My interest in programming is to have a better understanding of how things work "behind the scenes" if you will. Also, it couldn't hurt to have a few programming languages under my belt for my future job hunting. Thanks for the pointer, I'll give C# and Python a go.
Thanks.

Just for a basic understanding of programming any C type language is great. C, C++ or C# as jaeusm said.

I know both the community college I attended in high school and the 4-year university I'm at now both started with Java for two Intro to Programming classes then moved onto C++.

That might not be a bad way to go.

I can't honestly recommend anything except Java; the documentation, tutorials, and computer science mini-lectures found on Java's main website alone makes this one of the best starting languages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom