Firefox Latest Ver. Whats your thoughts

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
Has anyone else found that Firefox the latest Version as in the Beta versions is really slow and painfully time Consuming. I'm using Version. 26.0 stable release and everything is fine. What experiences have you Gyes had on Firefox latest release, such as BETA 29.01 for example.

I used too use Internet explorer and now I'm on Firefox, I like it but it seems too me my computer might be a bit too old for the latest version.. All the Online reviews I've read are calling it pretty much Fantastic. I think I'm the only one who has had problems with it. A memory upgrade might do the trick with a Graphics Card upgrade.. I'm using on average over 220MB+ when using Firefox 29.1 BETA release. That's with tabbed browsing.

FireFox has had a memory leak issue since like v2.. I ditched it as my main browser a long time ago, replacing it with Chrome.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I do like FF 29's Developer Tools, though. I still prefer Chrome, but like the look of 29 as well now.

Chrome is so terrible with RAM usage that it too almost appears like it has a memory leak. I can't use Chrome or FF on older devices anymore due to high amounts of RAM usage.

I use Firefox for my moms notebook with adblock plus and a few other add ons, I figured it weould help performance because she wouldn't have to display those adds etc, should I take it off? (The other add ons I doubt affect much, one is to zoom in on a page, and another is disconnect which stops tracking and saves bandwidth etc.

BTW the notebook has like 1.7GB of RAM, its 2 years old and bought it new for $200. Any ideas on how to make things a little faster? the windows settings are all on performance etc, its windows 8.1 now.

Back
Top Bottom