firefox and AOL search

Status
Not open for further replies.

plumber4578

In Runtime
Some1 updating AIM (I am guessing) on my PC. now AOL is my main search engine and everytime I type a web address( minus .com) it goes to AOL search page. I unistalled the AOL toolbar and AIM and it's still there. Any1 know how to get rid of it?

I'm on FF3 now, so I can't tell it it is the same for FF2 (how quickly we forget, eh?)

Click the drop-down on the search bar (where you type in for the search engine). Choose the default search engine you want to use. Bingo! If that doesn't work I would run some spyware apps.

Who uses AIM? Grab Trillian or Pidgin and use 'em all at the same time. A word of caution, though... Pidgin royally screws my connection. Don't know if it is my computer, my modem, or my router, but it kills my connection. Trillian doesn't.

What do you mean by "pidgin screws your connection"? I use it an don't have a problem, do you just get random disconnects? slows the net down etc?

Completely kills the connection, period. My ISP can't even ping me. Once I reboot everything I am back online. So I use Trillian if I IM.

I changed the search engine in my drop down menu. My puter still goes to AOL search page. I am really limited torunning spyware because not too much seems to work with Vista 64. I am running spyware guard and spyware blaster and everything seems clean.

Use Osiris's guide and post a log in our analyze area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom