Firefox 3.04 is out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Firefox 3.04 is out

Mozilla released a new version of Firefox 3 a few hours ago. The update is already available on the Mozilla website, the mirror servers and also available from the Check For Updates option in the Firefox Tools menu.
The release is a security and stability update. A total of nine security vulnerabilities have been fixed in the update including four critical vulnerabilities. You can access the list of security fixes at the Security Advisories page for Firefox 3. The release notes do not contain information about the stability updates but the full list of bug fixes mentions a few fixes that stop browser crashes.
Lastly language support and language related additions seem to have been a priority. Firefox 3.04 adds support for Thai and Icelandic as well as beta test releases for Bulgarian, Esperanto, Estonian, Latvian, Occitan, and Welsh.
There have also been several important bug fixes for the following annoying problems:
  • Fixed an issue where some passwords saved using Firefox 3.0.2 did not work properly.
  • In some cases, Firefox would not properly save proxy settings for protocols other than HTTP
  • Fixed an issue where the IME input tool used to enter Japanese, Korean, Chinese and Indic characters was covered by the “Add Bookmark” panel
Firefox 3 users are asked to update as soon as possible. All updates that had been installed on a test system were not affected by the update and it is unlikely that many will be. Let us know if you encounter problems after installing or updating to the new Firefox release.

Great news. I am running Minefield 3.1b2pre on my computer at home right now, but I will update the other computers the other comps this evening.

Firefox 2.0.0.18 and 3.0.4 Updates Now Available

The Official Mozilla blog says that there are new security updates available for Firefox today. You can either download the update manually by following the link above or through your browser by using the “check for updates” feature in the help menu.

As part of Mozilla Corporation's ongoing stability and security update process, Firefox 3.0.4 and Firefox 2.0.0.18 are now available for Windows, Mac, and Linux as free downloads. We strongly recommend that all Firefox users upgrade to this latest release. If you already have Firefox 3 or Firefox 2, you will receive an automated update notification within 24 to 48 hours. This update can also be applied manually by selecting “Check for Updates…” from the Help menu.

Updated Vista and Win7. Havent tried it yet though.

i don't know about yall, but this update seems to randomly close for no apparent reason...like i'll be sitting on a site, reading an article..and BAM it closes...glad for the restore session..but it's a pain

i don't know about yall, but this update seems to randomly close for no apparent reason...like i'll be sitting on a site, reading an article..and BAM it closes...glad for the restore session..but it's a pain
Never had that problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom