Fallout 3 Blue Screen (of death?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMHwargasm

Beta member
IMG-20110601-00074.jpg

This is what i see after about 20 mins gameplay every now and then.

My specs are

Windows 7 64Bit
6 GB AMD E-350 1.6 GHz processer
500gb HD
AMG Radeon HD 6310

so i can run this game on medium-low , which i am

ive only gotten this message 3 times in my 30+ hours of gameplay.

Any Fix for this?

Ah the good ole BSOD.

Looks to me like a pretty standard GPU overheat BSOD. It's the same one you get when you OC too fast. It means the computer shut down to prevent damage being done to your Graphics Card. The fact that it happens after about 20 minutes of gameplay would also support that theory.

I know you said your PC can handle mid-low, but if you're getting BSOD and it's listing a hardware malfunction... It's a pretty safe bet that's the issue.

Solution? Don't run the game on such high settings.

Edit: And welcome to TF.

So just turn down some settings? I wont have to turn the textures right down do i? blobout 3 doesnt sound so appealing

So just turn down some settings? I wont have to turn the textures right down do i? blobout 3 doesnt sound so appealing

I can't really tell you what settings to turn down because I can't see how it runs on your system.

However, I'd say the big ones that will cause you performance issues are Shadows, Multisample Anti Aliasing, and your View Distance. You should be okay with textures, yes.

Awesome. Thanks. i turned everything down to what will hopefully work. Just doesnt happen too often so i think i should be safe with this. thank you!:D

***STOP: 0x00000124 is usually a problem with your memory controller (built into the cpu) or the memory itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom