External hard drive won't recognize?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take the hdd out of the enclosure. You'll most likely need a philips head screwdriver. It's not dangerous or difficult. If you have a friend with an external hdd, you can swap your hdd into their case quickly to test it. Or you can install it in any PC with a spare sata power cord and sata data cable

edit: ah no tools. Again I'd say check with your friends then, nearly everyone has a screwdriver or two in their garage ;)

I'm over here trying to use a fork, and a butter knife. That's how bad I want it open tonight. LOL.

Take the hdd out of the enclosure. You'll most likely need a philips head screwdriver. It's not dangerous or difficult. If you have a friend with an external hdd, you can swap your hdd into their case quickly to test it. Or you can install it in any PC with a spare sata power cord and sata data cable

edit: ah no tools. Again I'd say check with your friends then, nearly everyone has a screwdriver or two in their garage ;)

hahaha, brutal. An old trick is to get a pen, take the middle ink tube out so you're just left with the plastic case. Take a ligher/stovetop and melt the end. Keep twisting the pen so it doesn't catch file or burn, and don't hold it too close. When it's all melty, whack that sucker onto the screw you want to remove. The plastic will set, and you'll be able to remove the screw :D
Or just knock on your neighbors door and ask to borrow a screwdriver :thumbsup: safer hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom