Exchange 2003...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'm an unhinged loon...
or I have the IQ of a daft gerbil...

But I think there's something wrong here...

Isn't Exchange 2003 supposed to have a management console of some sort?

This is all I see:
ex01.png

ex02.png

Yes, I feel like a retard

Okay, I suppose I should just specify what I'm trying to do...

Where do I go to modify/create distribution lists in Exchange 2003?

Well I know in Active Directory there is a distribution group Object type (and I believe in there there is a check box or something which denotes it for use in Exchange specifically)

Exchange 2003 also has this interesting idea: Exchange 2003 Query-Based Distribution Groups Query-Based Distribution groups, sort of a dynamic form of the old Distribution Groups in active directory.

Now that I think about it, I think a Group object in Active Directory (if there isnt s Distribution List or Group object) might be the thing you can set as accessible through exchange, you kinda gotta click around a little more I think, its in there, I have done it before! (just don't remember :p)

If you still don't have it, I will log into one of my clients exchange servers and check!

lol, the power of ACCESS!!

Anyways, I swear to Odin that I used something more akin to the Exchange Management Console, imaged here:

Bb123762.991fde9a-ff6b-4368-bcb5-9afca98f4da0(en-us,EXCHG.80).gif

But maybe I was hallucinating, which seems to happen more and more often nowadays....

If you could, take a peek at a EX03 server and tell me what you find.

PS, I feel like I should help out more, but I'm at work so I can't fiddle around too long...

It should be under Exchange System Manager (I'm currently taking MSExchange and IIS in college).

EDIT: I should add that I am taking MSExchange 2003 so there isn't any doubt about what OS I am talking about.

Yeah that screen is something different, but where the OP mentioned 2003 I can say for sure that the management console is the Exchange System Manager console.

And Mak is correct regarding the GAL, I do believe. It's funny we are covering this very material. Last week we installed Virtual Server and it was totally cool to have "two" computers but using one. New to me, I know others have done this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom