Everything Loads But Sound, For a While At Least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spork 2.0

In Runtime
I normally would trudge through Google to figure this problem out, but it's difficult to word so I figured I'd bounce it off some reasoning human beings.

When XP loads, everything loads fine except the sound. I don't mean it freezes or doesn't load at all either, Windows and all my programs carry on fine and then 3 or 4 minutes later my startup noise kicks on and everything is coming up roses.

In attempts to remedy the situation, I've disabled quite a few extraneous background services and streamlined my startup programs to the bare essentials. It fixed the issue for a couple of boots, but the problem has come back (at least I shaved a few seconds off my boot time.

Also, my PC has been freezing a bit lately, usually after a couple of hours or so, but I'm thinking it's an unrelated overheating or software issue.

Any Ideas? Thanks in Advance.

Okay first i would like you to check your event viewer:

Start>Run>eventvwr.msc

Look in there to see if you find anything related to your sound issue. As for the heat, that can be checked through RealTemp i think is the name. You would be better off checking the hardware forums for the programs to use to check for temps. I dont know them all off hand.

Earlier today I unplugged my system unit to check on why my keyboard wasn't working, and when I plugged everything back in my sound was working perfectly. I don't know why it fixed it, but everything seems fine now. Thanks for everybody's help though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom