Everyone can connect but me (not a signal problem)

Status
Not open for further replies.

harrytewkesbury

Baseband Member
Hey all. Have had a wirless router in the house for a year now and when we got it, it caused no end of grief! Recently after summer vacation, the router started playing up when some new neighbours moved in with a router and it was interfering with our signal. I changed the broadcast channel and for the other two users their connection is better than ever! Mine on the other hand does not want to connect. The network is visible (as is the neighbours') but when i choose to connect, nothing happens. I only have sp1 cos SP2 screwed my pc up but other than that all is up to date. Since the settings are (as far as i know) the same as they were before, and i was getting a good strong signal before i suppose the actual signal is irrelevant. The router is a netgear WGR614 802.11g router. My wireless card is an Xterasys 54MBS card. My friend's Mac is 802.11g and connects in under a second in all conditions. My pc is... well, rubbish. Any help is appreciated cos at the moment, the only way i can get on the net is by lugging my entire machine downstairs. Fun. Thanks in advance.

stupid computers. Dont you hate it when a problem gets on your tits for ages then fixes itself... grr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom