email newsletters problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikee

Fully Optimized
My dad sends out a newsletter every month about his bodybuilding shows and he uses gmail to send it out. The problem is now the mailing list has gotten over 2000 names on it and gmail only lets you send out 800 max messages a day. Is there any free email service that doesn't have limits like this?

I doubt it. That puts a big tax on the servers to send out that many messages a day. You might be lucky with Yahoo or Hotmail.

is there any way to find out how many messages a email service will let you send?

I wouldn't expect a personal response from free e-mail providers. They have millions of customers.

You can try searching for answers on the web. I was able to find Gmail's maximum pretty easy, and it's likely other free services have similar restrictions.

I reached a sending limit. - Google Apps for Administrators

To send to more recipients, you'll probably need to look into premium or business level accounts which aren't free. I realize that some people have legitimate needs to e-mail thousands of people, but these restrictions exist to protect us from those whose motives which are not above board.

With a list of 2000 members, he should look into premier services to manage that kind of list which might be able to automate adding and removing people from the list.

Re: send limit with hotmail

Hotmail has 100.

At least that is what is said. The Hotmail people and the Yahoo people will get back to you. Just might take a day or 2. Tell them of the situation and see if they can help you out at all. I have had contact with both on several ocassions and have always gotten responses. At least with Hotmail there is a group of people that answer them. Someone should be able to help you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom