Emachines - Vista32. Website Found, Waiting for reply. Nothing Loads

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgray152

Baseband Member
Hi all,

I am setting up a computer at our friends house and out of the box its been ****. I never liked E-machines.

So here it goes.

Windows Vista IE7.

This computer is connected through wireless to a router with 2 other computers. 1xp and the other I have not looked at.

IE7 will only load a few specific domains such as;
Google.com
Gmail.com
Emachines.com

Thats about it. All other pages I try to go to including MSN.com, Microsoft.com, Hotmail.com, YouTube.com, etc., IE says "website found, waiting for reply" but nothing ever loads. The progress bar slowly inches along.

Firefox does the same thing.

I can not download or update anything. Windows update does not work either.

Windows says I am connected to the internet and I can browse the network.

Here is what I have tried;
- Resetting Internet Explore Settings
- Setting IE LAN settings "Automatically Detect Settings"
- Uninstalling Mcafee's Demo w/ Add/Remove Programs and their Uninstall Utility which got rid of the rest of their program.
- Updated drivers for Linksys wireless card for Vista compatability
- Included the computer in the DMZ list in the router settings.
- Looked for Mcafee proxy service, found nothing (good)
- Resetting the network doesn't do anything. (Ipconfig /release and renew)

I am stuck. I have searched all over the internet but found nothing.

This computer is new and has never been setup untill two days ago when I was working on it. I am ready to reinstall windows if this doesn't get resolved. Mainly because the windows sidebar was corrupted from the initial start so I wouldn't doubt something else is.

Anyone have any ideas that I should try?

Right now I was going to try safemore with networking but I noticed it has a "repair your computer" option so I am going to try that.

Safe mode is won't allow pages to load either.

I am going to use a app I saw that might be helpful to trace the problem called, Fiddler. Anyone have experience with this? If so, is it going to help?

Going to try it.

Fiddler has me confused as **** as to what its looking for and tell me but I see the "result" , "200" very often. What does that mean.

When fiddler access its own website, after about 5 minutes, the website will start to appear but will not be loaded completly or correctly. Tables and picture won't be full yloaded..

Almost like the internet connection is VERY slow but yet other websites such as google and Emachines come right up in a second?

This computer is brand new and out of the box was not working. I took it out of the box 2 days ago and from the minute I got it setup on the network, I was having internet browsing problems.

Now for the **** of it, I will run a couple anti-malware programs since Emachines has loaded games from WildTengent which have caused issues with my computers in the past but nothing this great and never right out of the box.

You talk about a "host" file. What and where is that? I think I read something about that on the internet related to this issue.

Can you explain more and how I can fix/reinstall it?

Welp if I could delete my posts that woudl be great because I was going to merge my two posts together but once I saw that I couldn't delete my last one I said forget it.

Thanks for the rude informative responce.

Update:

I reset the winsock using netsh (netsh winsock reset)
Reults are the same.

I then renamed the hosts file to oldhosts which microsoft described and no good result.

I looked at the HJT log and found nothing. No pro at that but I didn't find anything.

So I may just reinstall windows unless someone else has any ideas.

Well, it you had looked at the big edit button at the bottom of your post the first time you wouldn't have had to worry about the double posts. They weren't being rude, it's just you did the same thing after Mak specifically told you what to do and what not to do.

You could always try winsock fix, if it will work with 7.

I was being rude because I posted more than once....ok.

I don't know which tests I should perform on the nic card.

I was "assuming" its working properly sicne I just bought it, the system says its functioning correctly, I installed new vista drivers for it, it will log onto the network, I can veiw network computers, I get good signal, I can browse very very limited pages on the internet.

What other "test" should I perform?

Well, it you had looked at the big edit button at the bottom of your post the first time you wouldn't have had to worry about the double posts. They weren't being rude, it's just you did the same thing after Mak specifically told you what to do and what not to do.

I can't believe you guys are more worried about posting more than once than helping. GROW UP. Its a forum designed for posting and its quicker to make a new post than to edit one.

Sorry, I WILL make a new post if I want to. Warn me if you want just because I am using the key feature of this forum.

Updated 6:47pm EST

Reinstalled Windows Vista. Clean computer now but same issue.
Switched wireless cards from the computer im on now to the computer im working on and I get the same result. The wireless card that WAS in the new computer works just fine in the computer im on now.

Very very limited internet browing with IE or Firefox.

Think it could be a route issue? I am thinking of bringing my router from my house since I know that works and seeing if maybe the router is not working properly.

When I am on the router, I can see the new computer, its IP address given and its mac address. Everything seems normal but just the internet...

another thing, I can see the network just fine on the new computer but I can not gain access to the router. If I type in the routers IP 192.168.0.1, I get the logon screen, put in the user name a password, but then again, it says
"waiting for http://192.168.0.1 and does nothing.

I can easily connect to the router from the other computer im on now using the same process.

Anyone.?

Update 10:53 pm

It apears to be something wrong with their router. I brought the computer to my house and logged on to my wireless and it works fine.

Problem Solved.

Why this worked is beyond me. It should have worked before this.

I changed the encryption type from WPA to WEP on their router. I then changed the all the wireless computers to to correct WEP code and the one troubled computer got full access to the internet.

Strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom