eGPU help for an i7-7500U

weechc

Beta member
Hey all, I'm looking at buying an eGPU to try to upgrade my current laptop. I have a 15 inch HP Spectre x360 with an i7-7500U with 16 GB of RAM and an MX 940 card inside. I have been looking at both the Aorus Gaming Box 1080 and the 1070 as my best options so far. Unfortunately, the laptop is only 2 cores and 4 threads and the Thunderbolt port only has 2 lines coming from it. Therefore, the question is would I see a significant increase in performance by having the 1080 as opposed to the 1070 or would they both perform similarly due to bottle-necking from the power of the CPU. I'm planning on getting an external monitor for it which should help but I'm a little stuck on which would be the better deal for me.

Thank you all for helping out. I'm not the most knowledgeable when it comes to computers so I appreciate any and all help you guys can give me.

It'll work fine, the issue being the bottleneck being both the CPU and the TB3 interface. Any game that is CPU demanding will buckle quite a bit.

Back
Top Bottom