DSL vs. Broadband

Status
Not open for further replies.
CABLE FOREVER
dsl is about 7 times slower than comcast cable. 3mps. it rocks. cable also gets a discount with ur combined cable tv bill.

Cable is A LOT faster than DSL

The only service available here is DSL. I get mine from Sprint and Earthlink (some partnership). Mine has been VERY reliable, never had any problems. Then only problem I've had was when their main server building was struck by lightning, my service along with many others was transfered to a backup place that wsa a little slower. I have the fastest service I could get from them which is 1500k down, and 256k up. I get download speeds of around 180kbps. It's a big improvement from AOL dial-up. I would have to say get cable if you can. I used it at my aunt's and was getting download speeds of around 500kbps, and it is a lot cheaper too. I'd get it if I could.

The price of cable is extremely bloated where I live (since they force a monthly data transfer cap that is unsuitable for my needs), so DSL is my only other option.

I get 1.5Mbit down/128Kbps up via SBC (scheduled for a free upload increase to 256Kbps by July or August), though network issues do occur, but for the most part, they are few and far in between.

In the end, it really depends on who is running the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom