Drivers needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

mossy1881

Banned
Hi, I am about to re-install my OS and I would like to copy my drivers to a disc before I do so but I am not sure which ones I am looking for. I guess I need my video driver and my network driver. Can someone please help me out on where and what to look for so I can. The OS is server 2003.

cheers

echo off
cls
echo This batch file is meant for use ONLY with Windows XP.
echo It copies certain files and folders out of the Windows folder so that
echo they are still on your hard drive when you delete that folder and
echo reinstall Windows.
echo Written by Lincoln Spector for PC World.
pause
md \olddrivers
cd \olddrivers
xcopy c:\windows\help /h /y
xcopy c:\windows\inf /h /r /y
xcopy c:\windows\system /h /r /y
xcopy c:\windows\system32 /h /r /y
xcopy c:\windows\system32\drivers /h /r /y
pause

Paste that into notepad and save the file as 'drivers.bat'

The double click on it and it will backup all your drivers which you can then back up to a CD which you can use when you reinstall the operating system

Edit - Ahh i just saw you are using sever 03, not sure if this will work, but worth a shot

The main ones you'll need will be video, network, audio, and printer. If you have any other external hardware, you'll need the drivers for them. Some specialized keyboards and mice use special drivers, but you can usually get basic functionality without them.

The main ones you'll need will be video, network, audio, and printer. If you have any other external hardware, you'll need the drivers for them. Some specialized keyboards and mice use special drivers, but you can usually get basic functionality without them.

Don't forget the chipset driver as well ;).

Hello,

Here is what you do. Go into the device manager and mark down every device you have. Then google for every driver for that device for the OS you are going to install. Download the drivers and put them on a CD-RW. Then install the OS. Then insert your Driver CD. What ever drivers you are missing you will thne have on your disc.

The tip posted will not work on Server based OS's.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom