DMZ and forwarding wont work

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustin

Beta member
ok.. im runnin XP through a linksys BEFSR41 router.. i do not have XP firewall on either, and i have no other firewalls up..and yes i have a static ip

im trying to forward ports for bittorrent, shareaza, and warcraft iii and they arent working.. i also tried setting my computer to DMZ and its still not working properly..

I went to a website that does a firewall probe and this is what it told me, still set as DMZ:

"Traffic Sent

Packets were successfully sent to your computer. The server was unable to obtain a connection or any traffic from your computer. This generally indicates that your firewall blocked the traffic successfully.

If you did not see an event warning it may indicate that the traffic did not reach your computer at all.

This could be due to any of the following reasons:

* You are connecting to the Internet through a proxy server. When we attempted to connect back to the IP address your web traffic came from we actually were connecting to the proxy server, not your computer.
* You are behind a corporate firewall which is redirecting traffic in an unexpected manner.
* You are connecting to the Internet through a NAT (network address translator). When we attempted to connect back to the IP address your web traffic came from we actually were connecting to the proxy server, not your computer.

In any of these cases you will not see an event notification on your computer because our connection attempt did not reach your computer. In any case, your computer is secure."

can anyone help me?

Have you updated your firmware? and though this may not actually be applicable but are you allowing wan side requests? I think in a Linksys it says something like "allow wan side request blocking" . I think that mostly pertains to ping and such but check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom