Display settings question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homer_J

Baseband Member
I just got my first LCD monitor and I've been messing around with the settings. I've got the display (contrast, brightness, gamma, color) how I want them for browsing the internet. But when I want to play games, everything looks look hazy/bright and not particularly colorful. If I adjust the settings to look good during games, the internet/windows looks really dark.

My question is, do people typically have to change the display settings when switching from windows/internet to gaming? I'm used to CRT monitors so I really don't know. Thanks.

I do for old games using older graphics technology. Often, this just makes the games appear really dark. I can play HL2 with the same settings as my desktop, for instance, but if I play the original HL, it's too dark and I have to adjust.

I speed the process up by creating several display configurations within the NVIDIA properties manager. One for normal, another for TFC, one of DoD, one for UT2k4, etc. When I'm going to play one of those games, I just click on the system-tray icon for my graphics card, select the profile I want, then launch the game.

Thanks. I've really only tried playing one game, Call of Duty. It's way too bright. I'm going to make some different configurations like you said, and see how that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom