different search engines are there ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
im curious if theres any distinction between search engines and if there are ones that many people dont know about.

i personally used goggle for a while, pretty much since it came out.
it was great, alot less adds than yahoo.

now its gay as well its all commercialized and i have to skip thru pages of crap that some company offers for sale.

are there better search engines if im searching for information, or other NON commercial related things

or maybe i rephrase the question right avay to avoid askign it again.

what search engine would i use for

searching forums
searching articles
searching images
searching downloads

pretty much i want to filter out all the commercial webpage results when im nootlooking fro something to buy.

Any free search engine will have ads, so that they can afford to give you that service for free. Unless you find a paid one, you're going to have to suffer through the ads like the rest of us :)

Try Bing, btw. It's like Google but slightly better (mostly).

Searching "microsoft help" gives you tons of searches throughout MS websites.

Actually no it doesnt. It searches by sites that have pingbacks to Microsoft sites listed on their sites. Microsoft has Google and its spiders blocked by the robots.txt file for all of its sites and servers. The only way that Google gets it is from sites such as this one here where we have links that lead back to Microsoft sites. Not directly from Microsoft themselves.

This is why i can find answers to many questions much faster when people say they use Google and i used Bing. bing always gives me MSDN, TechNET, Microsoft.com KB articles and so much more which are not listed in Google results.

wow. talk about beeing childish lol
its like having a phone that doesnt call house numbers because verizon got issues with tmobile and blocks all calls from tmobile network.

so fn dumb

ok then...

how about a software google search that i can control what i want to search?

so i cna preset all the filters once and not worry about entering it in every search

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom