Difference between SDHC memory cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeyboy

Daemon Poster
Right ok getting a new digital camera next month and I need to buy a SDHC memory card for it, I was told it takes them like most do(apparently:p).

But what confuses me is the price difference between different 4GB memory cards? I mean it's camera that decides the quality of the picture so.. what can possibly be different between these apart from brand name?

There's a link as an example:

SDHC, 4GB - 32GB SDHC Memory Cards - MyMemory

they seem to talk about class 6, class 4 etc what ever that means. I just want a memory card for my camera!!:freak:

brand and speed. what kinda of camera are you getting? depending on its burst rate and resolution, you may benefit from a high speed card

right ok well it's a fuji finepix S8100fd, used it at the shop and in my price range was the best looks wise and pics wise IMO.

Hmm so class 6 is the best? or class 2? seems theres 6,4,2. Not much price difference

I can get a 4GB Integral 4GB Ultima Pro SD HC Card - Class 6

for £7 delivered which sounds really cheap..dunno if that's bad. There's a few around that price range then some that cost way more.

I'm just using it for general picture taking and also macro pictures of my pet inverts(like praying mantids). So maybe it will be ok just to get that, or class 2 if 2 is better.

unless your camera can shoot at least 3 or 4 fps in RAW (if it even has that format, I don't think it does), it really doesn't matter what card you get. I thought you might be getting a DSLR, but for a point-and-shoot, anything will do

nah just a fancy point and shoot. Ok then thanks for the info!:happy:

Oh sorry one other thing not sure if you'd know but do you have any idea which of these rechargable batteries are better?

BatteryHut.co.uk Energizer Compact Charger c/w Batteries - Batteries - Duracell - Energizer - Panasonic - Maxell - Eveready - Sony - Alkaline - Lithium - Battery

these say 2500mAH batteries

were as durcells kit has...

BatteryHut.co.uk Duracell One Hour Charger with AA Batteries - Batteries - Duracell - Energizer - Panasonic - Maxell - Eveready - Sony - Alkaline - Lithium - Battery

2300mAH batteries

energizers almost twice as cheap their both good battery brands but i guess that mAH must been something, lower or higher better is what i don't get.

weird that they are cheaper, I think cos Duracell is the main brand name.

Ok thanks a lot for the help guys really appreciate it, might post some pics I take of it at some point.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom