DFI LANParty UT P55

Status
Not open for further replies.

thirdshiftdj

I feel funny...
So what's so interesting about this board? At first look, you can see that it is fully on digital PWM and there is a slot for NAND flash. Also, DFI will be using Flame Freezer for the chipst cooling department as well. On closer examination, there is a mini USB port on the IO backpanel.

So what is it doing there? DFI refused to say anything but gave us a clue that it is BIOS related and is a breakthrough for motherboard technologies. This mystery will be unravelled at Computex Taipei 2009 where DFI will officially be announcing this board there.

So what do you think that feature is for? Head over to this thread to share your views.

DFI LANParty UT P55 Board First Look - VR-Zone.com: News and Reviews

I'm liking the layout so far. It looks good as far as cable management may be concerned. Is that smaller slot by the RAM the NAND slot or a SO-DIMM slot?

Also, is this a socket 1366? It only has support for dual channel RAM which is odd.

What is the NAND flash used for? I find it odd that they cleared out all of the room on the backpanel for one puny miniusb slot. It must be awfully important.

I don't know if I were to guess it would have something to do w/ faster boot times maybe or maybe w/ higher densities you could load the OS on it instead.

P55 is a i5 chipset, not i7. i5 will be dual channel, not tri.

Gotcha. Forgot about them there i5s. I personally am not interested in the i5 series as I think it will just add to confusion if Intel tries supporting two different socket types at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom