Definition of 1.5MB TPG (AUSTRALIA) PLAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Private_Shon

In Runtime
is anyone using the australian TPG "1.5MB" plan? whats it mean?
is it like 1.5MB per second? because i've just come through a 2 week cap and my downloads and stuff all added togeather only equal around 35KB/s (or maybe i dun get the KB stuff, my firefox says KB/s my torrent downloader (downloading totally legal stuff like freeware released on torrent) my torrent says kB/s but it adds up to about 35

so whats with the 1.5MB? oh yeah and getting to this site with the downlaods on was really slow which means its using most of my bandwidth.

torrents will use up most of your bandwith because its sending and recieving data....i have 1.5mb....but just because you have a 1.5mb connection doesnt mean you will download things at 1.5mb/s......i download stuff at around 250-300kb/s.....and thats about normal for a 1.5mb connection

...and plus you are only going to download as fast as the source can upload, so you may not get the 250-300kb/s all the time, depending where you are downloading from.

i've already emailed TPG about the problem i sure hope they acually reply.

i know but i'm downloading 4 files 2 off a standard program and the rest off torrent with 3KB uploading all togeather its downloading at around 40KB/s u said ur getting like 100- 200 or whatever i'm getting 40 but then u said the servers might not be using all my net bandwidth but then why would i take years and years to check my email and just go to australian sites close to me?

according to a KB to the rest of the terms (MB, Kb, Mb etc)

i converted 0.9 Megabits (but mine is 1.5 but i know about all that stuff that u lose speed or whatever) and it made:

Bits:..........943,718
Kilobits:......921.6000
Megabits:......0.9000
Gigabits:......0.0009
Bytes:.........117,965
Kilobytes:.....115.2000
Megabytes:.....0.1125
Gigabytes:.....0.0001

Kilobytes = 115 but i'm getting nowhere near 50 and thats with 0.9MB mines atleast 1MB.

so somethings wrong, maybe their shaping my net coz last month i went over my cap by 10,000MB (it was the holidays) but i looked in the terms and conditions and it didn't say anything about penalities for the next month it only said that it would throttle the month that u went over. whats wif that?

yeah you have to keep your BITS and BYTES seperate. When it comes to storage, the unit is bytes. when it come to data transfers, the unit is bits. There are 8 bits to a byte.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom