CS source too laggy

Status
Not open for further replies.

crue

Beta member
I play CS source often, but the normal maps lag, the custom ones however, do not. My video settings are turned all the way to their lowest, and it hasn't helped much. I am begining to think it may be my computer. I use an HP Pavilion a1350y, it has a pentium 4 processer, and i use windows xp. My internet connection is a yahoo dsl. Are any of these insufficient for playin CS source?

What video card?

What processor exactly, saying its a p4 doesn't help much, what's its make and clock speed?

How much ram do you have?

Is it actually "laggy" as in the internet connection speed or is it "choppy" as in low frame rates?

you should be fine. how much memory do you have and what graphics card do you have. that would help if we knew what else you have.

well guys am am asuming he has integrated graphics, the internet he has isnt the best for gaming but should work. I think it is internet personally.

On lowest settings it should be fine.

Does the game freeze for like 5 seconds or more, or is it constanly sort of choppy?

i have yahoo dsl and i have no problems at all. i think its the most expensive one, 3 megs or something, but he should be fine even with 768k. your right, it prolly is the gfx. so tell us what you have. if you dont know run cpuz or whatever its called and we can help.

well i've looked everything over and it has to be the frame rate. how do i raise it?

you cant just "riase it", you have to get a new computer if all you have is integrated grahpics, or buy a video card if there is a agp slot,

And you didnt do what we said, what are your computer specs?????

if you dont have agp go with pci. at least its something. adn you get good fraps with a pci card on low/med.

I'd say if you don't have AGP then don't even bother with a new PCI card, just save up and try to build a new machine.

You have to include more info like eveybody else asked for like what is your GPU, RAM, and CPU speed?

All of those factor into your performance. It is not just one part. You know the old saying "Your PC is only as fast as its slowest component."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom