Crysis Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da Viksta

Ninja Stargate Addict
Sorry if this may not be the best place to post my problem but i dont know where else to put it....

WHenever i try to load up crysis nowadays in the campaign (i decided to replay it without using any weapons except smacking people on hte face :D), i get a black shreen after the "press any key to continue" and my system locks up forcing me to reboot. I tries resetting the grpahics settings (i set it on "high") but that doesnt make a difference either.

I really want to play crysis (mainly to throw hens at koreans xD) so if anyone can give me any advice on the issue it would be much appreciated

While we are on the topic, sometimes when i try to load up crysis, i get a Securom 64 error (on of those "do u wanna send this to M$oft?") so it takes several attempts to get that working as well

Does anyone know why either of these problems are happening, or am i just plain unfortunate?

(i have xp x64)

What other games have you installed since the last time crysis was working. Securom is a DRM type copy protection built in with certain games.

What other games have you installed since the last time crysis was working. Securom is a DRM type copy protection built in with certain games.

Company of heroes and dawn of war work fine...those are the only other securom protected games i have

i dont have any problems with other games like Bioshock either...

but it isnt a deadly problem...i can always (eventually) get the game working...but it crashes when i load up a level, so thats a bit of a show spoiler...

I had similar issues with crysis first time around. I just reinstalled it on my vista partition for some dx10 goodness (not impressed) and patched it, at least the crashing stopped.

Ok, thanks a lot...will try

*smacks head* why didnt i think of that before????

PS that was rhetorical...
Yeah, generally with games, I don't try to troubleshoot the problem too much. I'd rather spend 15 minues reinstalling than spend an hour troubleshooting. :D
Just save your game saves.

Anyway, good luck.

Thanks a lot!

I got it working again!

Now im wondering around killing koreans by hitting em with sleep bullets and then shooting them in the head! xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom