Counter Strike Source Graphics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krownzz

Solid State Member
Ok guys steam on my pc runs very smoothly and so does the downloads for it its not laggy at all with the start up but when i play css its incredibly laggy *** ****. i have 512mb of ram and what ive come to think is its my graphics card i have a

Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller
Video BIOS Version 2992
Current Graphics Mode: 1024 by 768 High Color (85 Hz)

is there anything i can do to increase the smoothness of my css
My computer is a

Dell DIMENSION 2400 series
Intel(R)
Celeron(R) CPU 2.40GHz
2.39 GHz, 512 MB of RAM

thanks in advance

More RAM!!! You are running 512MB on what I assume is XP. XP will use a good chunk of that itself, and then your "graphics" are onboard and using up even more of it. You can use a max of 2GB (2x1GB) of DDR RAM.

A discreet graphics card would do you wonders, if not better. You only have PCI slots and a 200W PSU. You don't have a whole lot of selection, unfortunately.

What's you budget? With that either one of the others or myself will try to find you what would work best for you. If you have the money, one of our members has a decent older system for sale in B/S/T:
http://www.techist.com/forums/f40/dell-xps400-tower-216945/#post1716684
You can't PM yet, but you can email him if you are interested.

Idk, if I were buying that, I would not pay over $200. The stuff is all like 4 years old. Some stuff isn't even functioning correctly anymore, even if it is minor malfunctions. If it was all brand new stuff, I would say it is a deal @ $250, but it is all quite old. The Dell XPS 400 was a model that my family was looking at getting before we opted into getting the XPS600 almost 4 years ago.

I know I shouldn't interfere, but this guy seems like he wouldn't know whether it was a good deal or not.

They can hammer out their own details. ;) And it would still beat any $400 PC you could buy at Walmart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom