Convert a portable software to an installer?

Rushh

Beta member
The app i use is only available as portable! i'd like to know if it's possible to take a portable software and transform it to an installer instead! any recommendation? tips or softwares?

The only thing i find is the opposite operation like "Create a Portable Version of Any Application in Windows"

The app i use is only available as portable! i'd like to know if it's possible to take a portable software and transform it to an installer instead! any recommendation? tips or softwares?
The only thing i find is the opposite operation like "Create a Portable Version of Any Application in Windows"
I am completely confused reading your question.
The difference between portable software is just one of everything else ie of other programs - it stores all the data in the same folder where the program itself is located. (Of course in case if is needed to store something at all). It does not require any other data folder or registry key. Why want them to use unnecessary things they never need?
An installer is a self-extracting file that stores all the components used by a program in the places where they are usually stored and, if necessary, makes registry keys and additional folders. Why you need any installer when this software can be stored in any place and it don't need anything more.

best to provide information about the app itself, if its legit and safe provide the link too.

Thank you Kalju for you explication and i2D!

i'm not a tech pro but i noticed that browsers on portable format take
more ram and the processor work's more when i watch youtube
videos, at least in my computer...!

The app in question is:
https://o.rths.ml/palemoon/palemoon-27.9.7.win32-git-20200404-842aa7563-xpmod.7z

From: https://rtfreesoft.blogspot.com/search/label/newmoon

But i recently found an installed version "Mypal" Browser and works awesome on my old Vista 64bit... (Don't judge me) But i still want to know if there is a software who can convert a portable browser software to an installer one.

There isn't really much difference between a "portable" app and an "installed" app besides where the files go. And installed app usually goes into Program Files/user folder (or wherever you place the installed files during the wizard), and gets a registration put in Add/Remove programs, any registry keys that the application needs (if any), and shortcuts put in the Start Menu / desktop. Portable apps don't get "registered" with the system in that way, but both are still just EXE's with dependency files (images, DLL's, etc.).

If a program was "converted" to run from installed to portable, then it may need more resources, as files may have been "merged" together and thus take more memory/processing just because less but larger dependencies are loaded.

Back
Top Bottom