configuring port forward is this correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikesx4911

In Runtime
I have recently added a new router to my home network and kept my old linksys as well to boost the signal. I want to setup my port forwarding again so I can do remote desktop again, but Im a little confused how to set it up now, does the ports have to be open on both routers? or just one and if you look at my new router the trendnet the options seem different it asks for private and public port, wth does that mean? lol Please someone help me :cry:

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 15
  • linksys.jpg
    linksys.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 15
ok I was just doing some reading and I understand that I have to link the first router thats connected to the modem to the 2nd router in the chain so my question is how do i go about this lol. I know the ip address of the routers to configure them do I just link one to the other using that ip address and than just use the 2nd router like normal? Someone has to know this

You have to change the IP of the 2nd router to something in your network.

if your router thats connected to ur modem is 10.10.10.1 make the 2nd router 10.10.10.3.

also turn off dhcp in the 2nd router and the firewall if you like.

then plug one of the nubered ports from the 1st into one of the numbered ports on the 2nd bypassing the wan port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom