Computer laggs while playing games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanstud72

Beta member
Well as the title says my computer seems to almost freeze lag for about 20-30 secs for every game I play. It happens more frequently on new games that I just installed such as I couldn't play warcraft 3, or Medieval 2 total war. This is funny because I have had world of warcraft on this compute from day 1 and I have the problem with it at times but nothing like the other games. Wow will freeze lag once everyday maybe, the other games are unplayable with the amount of freezing that occurs. I don't get it really. I have ran countless virus scans, defragged my computer updated all my drivers. Nothing seems to work. It is doing it again with the new DDO game that just came out and I thought I would see if maybe someone can help me with this problem. My computer specs will follow after this and maybe someone can shine a light on this problem and what I can do to stop it.

• System Information
  • ------------------
  • Time of this report: 9/10/2009, 17:35:22
  • Machine name: RYAN-PC
  • Operating System: Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.090302-1506)
  • Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
  • System Manufacturer: Acer
  • System Model: Aspire X1200
  • BIOS: )Phoenix - Award WorkstationBIOS v6.00PG
  • Processor: Athlon(tm) Dual Core Processor 4850e (2 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
  • Memory: 3838MB RAM
  • Page File: 1446MB used, 6457MB available
  • Windows Dir: C:\Windows
  • DirectX Version: DirectX 10
  • DX Setup Parameters: Not found
  • DxDiag Version: 6.00.6001.18000 32bit Unicode
  • ------------
  • DxDiag Notes
  • ------------
  • Display Tab 1: No problems found.
  • Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
  • Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
  • Sound Tab 3: No problems found.
  • Input Tab: No problems found.
  • --------------------
  • DirectX Debug Levels
  • --------------------
  • Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
  • DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
  • DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
  • DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
  • DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
  • DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
  • DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)
  • ---------------
  • Display Devices
  • ---------------
  • Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9200
  • Manufacturer: NVIDIA
  • Chip type: GeForce 9200
  • DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
  • Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_084B&SUBSYS_01531025&REV_A2
  • Display Memory: 1904 MB
  • Dedicated Memory: 241 MB
  • Shared Memory: 1663 MB
  • Current Mode: 960 x 600 (32 bit) (60Hz)
  • Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor
  • Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um
  • Driver Version: 8.15.0011.8635 (English)
  • DDI Version: 10
  • Driver Attributes: Final Retail
  • Driver Date/Size: 7/8/2009 04:29:00, 9466880 bytes
  • WHQL Logo'd: n/a
  • WHQL Date Stamp: n/a

For the new new game, the problem is that the graphics card might be too weak.

As for your older games, did you try nVidia's latest drivers for that card?

The new new game has crap graphics and yes I have updated it every time I get this problem and never seems to work. I mean this freeze lag thing occurred when I was playing a game called tibia and for the most part tibia is a 2d graphics thing that you could play on any pc and I would get the freeze lag there. Only thing that fixed it was using opengl instead of directx, So is there anyway I can use opengl for all my games?

do you have wirless connection? if you do u mite be getting lag spikes.. u can fix it by doin this... go to start, then click run. type system.msc , then scroll down, mine is near the last ones.. ther should be sumthing like wireless zero connection or sumthing like that.. and disable it. this is wat i do for when i game cuz i get lag spikes and liek this i get no lag spieks...

*warning* sumtiemes when i did this in CS:S after a long period of time my ping/latency or w.e would shoot up and not stop going up. wat u do then is u re-enable it and repair internet conenction, then u can disable it again and ur good to go xD this only happens to me when i playd CS:S so far. i no that in FPS games lag spiking is a REALLLY BIG problem cuz my lag spikes would b like 3 secs and as soon as i go to a corner i get a lag spike and when the spike is done im dead... Hopefully ur problem is that and GoodLuck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom