Comparision of 199 tablets - cnet

I had a KF for a few months and wouldn't call it "junk". It's very well made and there are a considerable number of apps available for it via the Amazon App Store. Apps that aren't available via the App Store can be "sideloaded" by obtaining the apk file and copying it to the KF.

What made me switch away from the KF was the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.0 7. It cost $250 but it's hardware is better for my needs. Not only does it have expandable storage (I have a 32G card in mine) but it also has front & rear cameras, Bluetooth, 1G RAM (KF has only 500M), GPS and microphone. It also has access to the Google Play Store as well as the Amazon App Store. For me, the main drawback to the Tab is that Samsung chose to use a proprietary connector for it instead of a micro USB.

I have zero use for streaming since I am almost never within range of a wifi source with a fast enough connection to make streaming viable. I prefer to load music/vids on my device. If I wish to stream music, I do it using Pandora on my phone.

i just looked at the specs for the nexus 7. i'm wondering why i cant find an adapter for the micro usb port and attach a flash drive. i figure android would try to load a driver after connecting the new device.

i just looked at the specs for the nexus 7. i'm wondering why i cant find an adapter for the micro usb port and attach a flash drive. i figure android would try to load a driver after connecting the new device.

USB mass storage isn't supported by default on the Nexus 7 however there are apps that do let you do exactly what you want.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.stickmount&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDMsImV1LmNoYWluZmlyZS5zdGlja21vdW50Il0.

Back
Top Bottom