cm stacker 830 fan question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone tried the crossflow fan out? I don't like the idea of 6 fans as intake and one as an exhaust. Also don't forget about the psu exhausting air too. I'm going to do 5 intake and top,rear and psu for exhaust.

supposedly the crossflow fan doesnt fit with todays video cards, theyre too long and they block the area that the crossflow fan mounts at

How close are you to being able to fit the 4th fan in with the Tuniq in your CM Stacker 830? I mean how much shorter would the tuniq need to be to be able to fit the 4th fan in?

I'm thinking it might be worth going with a nearly-as-good cpu hsf that is a bit shorter than the tuniq to let the 4th fan in?

Tuniq Tower 120 = 153.5mm tall
ZALMAN CNPS9700 = 143mm tall
ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm = 126.5mm

I see about 1/2 an inch open to the plastic rim. I would say you'd need another 1/2 inch to fit it in. So find something around 1/2 an inch shorter then the tuniq.

ok, so 1/2" is about 12.7mm, tuniq being 153.5, I guess I need one 140.8mm or less. I need to find what the best HSF under that is. Looks lik the zalman is already out, gah. I just think that an extra 120mm fan blowing right on the HSF has to help out a bunch.

Thanks for the measurements!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom