circuit board etching - youtube.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL...yea. I'm sure if it were an easy task a lot more people would be doing it. If I could make a mobo for like $25 as opposed to buying one I totally would.

why would you want to make a motherboard? what do consumers need that isn't fullfilled by current manufacturers?

I know i'd like to make a universal remote for household devices. each universal remote we have now is missing one or two functions of another.

I dunno just to do it I guess for a little fun project. I'm sure if you had the knowledge to do it that kind of thing would seem extremely fun (seems fun to me and I have no clue how to do it) and I know it would be no where near as cheap as a manufactured one lol

are there any problems or things you could make easier in your life by building a gadget?

I'm thinking its best to think small before trying to build a complex system. There's college degrees that END with building a computer. However, smart HS students can excel in robotics.

^^ no clue..it just seems fun to do . I know in my computer science major we'll eventually program a microcontroller or something like that to make LED's light up/off on a circuit board :\ don't think we actually take part in the building of it though :\ or we might..no clue

oh well..just something I'd like to get into ...especailly after seeing http://www.techist.com/forums/f10/rgb-led-fan-controller-custom-electronics-project-223766

And I'm trying to do an emphasis on AI programming so the robotics thing would be cool for my senior capstone project lol

a practicle use for something like the setup in calcprog's thread would to setup a panel of leds and have it display the current time or scroll a marquee.

^would be a good idea, but it would be rather difficult to get it to scroll something, especially considering there are a lot more letters then numbers. Time would be relatively easy though.

Hrm, I should post up some pictures of projets I worked on while in my senior year of high school, made a light show circuit for out doors that ran off a 12v PSU, a java chip, and various other parts... 40 superbright leds, especialy red ones, all in a 2 inch area, is incredibly, freaking, bright... It was as bad as looking at someone welding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom