Choosing a software

lynngre

Beta member
Hi all

I'm new to the forum, so sorry if this is in the wrong place

I work for a non-profit. Our team are based all over the world & we use Dropbox & Google Drive extensively.

We also have lots of things saved which are reachable via url/browser.

The problem we have is that our team has grown so much & our documents/information have grown so much in the past year that no one can find anything.

What we would like to do is use some open source software or hosted open source software that allows us to create a list with subcategories & permissions in which we can point to a document/file to view or download via url. A kind of library of curated links with flexibility to add notes about the category, etc.

'1. Products
1.1 Mobile app
-User guide
-Source code'

for example.

Something user friendly & uncomplicated.

Can anyone suggest something?

Thanks
Lynn

Hi all

I'm new to the forum, so sorry if this is in the wrong place

I work for a non-profit. Our team are based all over the world & we use Dropbox & Google Drive extensively.

We also have lots of things saved which are reachable via url/browser.

The problem we have is that our team has grown so much & our documents/information have grown so much in the past year that no one can find anything.

What we would like to do is use some open source software or hosted open source software that allows us to create a list with subcategories & permissions in which we can point to a document/file to view or download via url. A kind of library of curated links with flexibility to add notes about the category, etc.

'1. Products
1.1 Mobile app
-User guide
-Source code'

for example.

Something user friendly & uncomplicated.

Can anyone suggest something?

Thanks
Lynn

You are looking for something like Microsoft share point, but open source. I don't know of any that are open source. I'm guessing your look for open source because its free, I don't think you will find a good product like that for free. Software that does what your asking can be quite complex.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom