China Not Happy About MS anti-piracy tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.
They can prove it by lowering the prices of something and seeing how sales are affected.
I mean, they're no-longer going to support XP after a while. If they lowered the price of XP, it could test how sales will be affected.

But that in itself already shows the proof.

They HAVE lowered XP Prices. It is less than half of what it was when it was released 7 years ago. Yet it still remains one of the highest pirated pieces of software.

So i dont see the logic behind it. If they lower prices sales will rise. They did lower prices. When XP stopped being up for sale it was at around $99 for a Retail copy of Pro. Back when it was released it was at about $299 or so for a Retail copy of Pro.

They cut the price by a third. Yet it still remains to be pirated more than bought. So does this show that yoru statement is wrong? Or that without selling it at a lower price from the start, there is no way to prove that they would sell more like i have stated.

What i mean is you keep saying that they have to lower prices. But they have. Vista is not at the $399 Mark anymore. You can get Vista Ultimate Retail for roughly $100 or more less now. They did lower prices. Yet it is still being pirated. I already showed the XP costs.

My statement is in regards to the fact the the prices have to be low from when they start selling the item. To speculate and say that for sure they would sell more is false. There is no way you or I could prove that. We can run up numbers all we want. But they would just be speculation. They would not be fact.

Apok i do see your point and i understand it completely. I also agree. I just want you to understand my point of view. While you are right there is no way to say for sure that a lower price would account for higher sales. Xp had its lowest price eer before it was stopped. Yet it still remains one of thei highest pirated pieces of software. Lower prices didnt account for higher sales.

But that in itself already shows the proof.

They HAVE lowered XP Prices. It is less than half of what it was when it was released 7 years ago.
Maybe $100 is still too much for a lot of people when
1. there's another OS that's supposed to replace it
2. it's a 7 year old OS

I'm well aware of what XP's price is now compared to what it was on release. But it's still more than most people are willing to pay.
the initial price was just ridiculous though.
But, they can often get away with it on release, because of the early adopters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom