Checking User Mailbox Access?

Alexffiala

Baseband Member
Office365/exchange 2010

via EMC or PS ISE

Does anyone know of a way to check a user's mailbox accesses? I'd like to be able to view what mailboxes they can currently "send as" "send on behalf" and "full access."

Is this possible in office 365 of exch2010?

Thanks

Do you want an entire list of just a few users? Within exchange you can look on the send on behalf field on the mailbox to see what they have access to.

If this is for your entire environment run a command from the exchange powershell window to query the attribute and print out the results.

Get-Mailbox rock | fl displayname, GrantSendOnBehalfTo

My apologies, I was asking the wrong thing. I can get the permissions with

(Get-Mailbox | Get-MailboxPermission | where {$_.user.tostring() -ne "NT AUTHORITY\SELF" -and $_.IsInherited -eq $false} | Select Identity,User,@{Name='Access Rights';Expression={[string]::join(', ', $_.AccessRights)}} | Export-Csv -NoTypeInformation mailboxpermissions.csv)

What I'd really love is to be able to see is what users have mailboxes in their outlook. We can easily see their permissions with the above command, but I want to know exactly what mailboxes they are using in their outlook clients.

Thanks for your suggestion!

Gotcha - well that depends though. Normally i think there is a registry key locally which would point to the mount. What could happen though is in Exchange it can be auto-mounted, which would mean there is no local registry.

Do you know of any resources for doing that?

Just so I'm clear: My goal is to be able to remotely check what mailboxes users have in their outlook, via EMC or ps.

Thanks for the info

Gonna have to be PS more than likely.

How do you guys normally map mailboxes? Within our environment we automap for convenience for the end user so this would all have to be done via the ps command prompt on the exchange server.

Not sure what you mean by "map mailboxes."

Generally speaking, users are created on our local exchange server and them remote moved to Office 365. When users request access to other mailboxes (say a receptionist or for a shared mailbox) we will give them Full access and send as permissions server side. But for them to be able to see the mailbox, it needs to be added in Outlook.

I agree it would probably be a PS script, I'm just trying to figure out if one exists that can be so intrusive to Outlook.

Thanks,

Gotcha - what i was talking about is that if you use the auto-map feature in Exchange the user doesn't actually have to map the mailbox in Outlook. They simply close outlook, open it back up and the mapped mailbox is already mounted. We do this for convenience - but it makes it more difficult for instances like you are describing.

Auto-map is done from the ps command line.

Is it possible to pull a user report for this that tells me what's been auto-mapped to their account?

Thanks for your suggestions, that auto-mapping looks like it might do the trick.

You can run a ps query to find out. That doesnt do anything for the users that have access but were not automapped (ie manually mapped). You can find those out by seeing permissions though.

Back
Top Bottom