CD-RW problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jknop99

Solid State Member
My CD-RW drive is listed as HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4481B
I haven't even had this thing a year yet, but now its not reading any CD-R's, whether I've recorded on them or their blank. When I go to the D Drive and click on it, it just comes up as a blank white page. Properties shows 0 free space, 0 used space so its not reading it obviously. I'm not very knowledgable about these drives. Does anyone know of the problem or more importantly a solution? Thanks.

Go to control panel>system>Hardware>Device Manager>click on the + in IDE/ATA/ATAPI Controllers. Find: Secondary IDE Channel and right click on it and choose delete. Don't worry, when you reboot the system will reload the secondary IDE channel and find your drives. See if that changes things for the +. Otherwise check the 2ndary IDE cable is secure or yomight have to replace the CDrom drive.

Thanks for your post Doc, when I go into device manager and click the + for IDE/ATA/ATAPI Controllers here is what I have:

Intel(R) 82801FB/FBM UltraATA Storage Controllers - 266F
Intel(R) 8280 1FR SATA AHCI Controller
Primary IDE Channel

So I don't have a secondary IDE channel listed at all.

not sure what that means. I've hit the update drivers button but it doesn't do anything, says my current software is the best for what i have. Is there something else I should try?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom