Capatibility Fail!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bentobaku

In Runtime
I have a Windows 7 Ultimate on my computer and Windows 7 Ultimate on my fathers computer. He loved the game Beach Head 2002 for his XP machine and I have it installed on my 7 machine. The game works 100% fine. On my fathers 7 machine the game starts, menus work great but when the actual game content starts to load it crashes. Any ideas as to what is causing this? I even did a fresh install thinking maybe that was the problem. I made sure all graffix drivers are up to date. I never have had a problem with this game before. Even on my GF 7 machine the game does the same thing.

Edit: Forgot to add I have tried the game on many different compatibility settings and it still does the same thing.

Do you receive any error messages when the software crashes
When it crashes does it just hang or go straight back to the desktop

Are you installing it from a CD or are you downloading a version of the game (if so where did you get it)

Note: The specs for this game are as follows (BEACHHEAD 2002)

Pentium 350MHz or higher
Windows 95/98/Me
64MB RAM
90MB hard disk space
DirectX compatible sound card
16MB DirectX(r) compatible video cards

Therefore you might need to install this game using a DOS emulator such as DosBox.

old games like this can be hit and miss when running them on Windows 7 and I usually find that they need to be installed and ran from an emulator
It might work on your computer as you may have installed some runtime files etc as part of other software installed on your computer and that might have installed some of the required DLL files to fully run the game

I have a open install copy. I have had it for years, and used it on all my computers. There is no installing it just runs from the file.
The computers system specs are way above requirements Duel Core, 3gb ram, ATI Radeon 3600 series.
What I confused on is it works perfectly normal on duel core, 8gb ram, Nvidia 550ti, Both computers have Windows 7 Ultimate on them. newest DirectX.

When you start the game the menu starts and runs fine, is responsive, you can adjust settings w/e. But when you click Play the screen flickers and comes up and says loading.... Then goes black for a second and then a windows error box pops us stating Bh2.exe has stopped working and returns to the menu screen. I have set the launcher and bh2.exe are set to run compatibility Windows XP sp2 and as administrator.

I have to find a fix that doesn't change the start of the game. My father is old and cannot handle complicated steps. So the game needs to start normally. Any help would be appreciated. There is very few games that are not too complicated for him and he thoroughly loves this game. I want to have it up and running for him by xmas.

I have now tried the ATI Radeon HD 3600, Nvidia 7800, and Nvidia 9600gt (which the game works on my own pc with the 9600) so it has to be something other than gfx cards

I am a RETARD!!!! FIXD IT! I forgot to install the realtek audio drivers and it was causing the directX audio to fail. Re-formatted twice because of audio drivers. Just goes to show you kids double check you install!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom