Can't Access Itunes Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curbkiddytech

In Runtime
Hey guys I've been troubled by the problem for a few weeks now so I'm hoping some one has an answer for me. For the past few weeks my dad and I haven't been able to access the Itunes store from our desktops. The store page loading bar at the top "loads" for a minute or so and then there's just a blank white page. We've both uninstalled, repair installed, reinstalled Itunes several times and the store still won't load. I've looked on Apple forums for a fix but everything I've tried hasn't worked.

Does anyone know what the problem is? It's not firewalled related, and we have different OS's. I'm running Windows 7 32 bit and he's running XP 32 bit.

Apple's check-list is pretty comprehensive, covers pretty much everything I can think of. Flush your dns cache? Restart router?
edit: Also, try resetting winsock.

I tried flushing the dns cache, restarted my router and modem several times, i've reset winsock, and erased files that Apple instructed to do within the %programdata% directory and an xml document I think in an Apple directory, and still neither my dad or I can access the Itunes store.

Install wireshark, it'll let you see exactly what's happening over le network. Look for connections to itunes.apple.com

I've spent literally hours trying to sort this one out. I've been through all the fixes, moved things and deleted things I didn't even know existed. I've uninstalled iTunes and reinstalled several times to no avail. However, I had a breakthrough which might help others. I uninstalled iTunes AND Quicktime and then re-installed iTunes from the main iTunes site and Hey Presto IT WORKED. So, when it says uninstall iTunes, uninstall Quicktime too. Hope this works for you too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom