can i use an external HD as form of disk space for the new 360 slim?

Status
Not open for further replies.

suckerpunch

Solid State Member
I just recently bought the 4gb xbox 360 slim and I already want to upgrade the drive space. I am a little hesitant to buy the 250 or 350 gb HD from amazon because I dont want to spend 100-150 bucks for it. I am also in need of an external hard drive for my laptop. I am wondering if I can buy one and use it for the xbox and use it for my laptop when needed. Is it possible to successfully use an external hard drive designed for a PC in the xbox 360 slims? thanks!

It is possible to use an external hard drive for storage on an Xbox 360, but this will have to be formatted to be compatible for use with the console. However, this will not be accessible for use with a PC as it is in the wrong format.

It is possible to use an external hard drive for storage on an Xbox 360, but this will have to be formatted to be compatible for use with the console. However, this will not be accessible for use with a PC as it is in the wrong format.
This is entirely true, however there are programs which will allow you to view 360-formatted drives (not officially supported, of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom