Cable modem Scientific Atlanta 2203C - Speedtest results question

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldskool

Oldie but a goodie
I never owned a cable modem until now, here are my results:

Is this a decent result ? I know more about DSL than cable modems and what to expect. I also haven't compared my results to what the ISP proposes performance to be, as I have been rather busy lately with finals (yes oldskool is in school :p).

Thanks in advance for any opinions !

It should be more about what you are paying for opposed to if you are on DSL or cable.

If you are paying for 5 mb download and 512k upload you better be getting that or near that no matter if you are on DSL or cable. If you aren't getting what you pay for or at least close to what you are paying for you should complain ASAP.

Assuming you are paying for 10 - 15 mb download and 512k upload then you should be happy. If you are paying for 20mb i'd be up in arms.

To be quite honest, what we did was got the 76 channels, digital phone, and RoadRunner for one complete package, including free installation/upgrade. I haven't even really looked up the stats, I ok'd it with my wife to order it and just realized that I never even thought to check the performance they were offering. :eek:

So doing the speed check was an afterthought, I don't actually know what it is supposed to be so I will have to call them. Thanks Lex !

EDIT: I have gone to Speedtest a couple times and tried a few different servers; I have been ranging between 12 and 20 Mbps download speeds. So bottom line is I am getting much faster than I was with DSL, plus we got our extra channels and digital phone so I am all set.

Thanks again Lex for your response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom