BoxHost

Status
Not open for further replies.

zedman3d

Fully Optimized
I made a cool little site, under development and its just a basic start but yeah... its an idea. Still have to do stuff like Syntax Highlighting and stuff though.

Its for when you need to send code to people, like when your talking on MSN and you need to show them some code. It gets all messed up on MSN and some sites that wrap and distort the code. What it does it uploads your submitted code and lets you send it clearly to people.

Im having some issues though, sometimes i get massive errors and sometimes it just doesnt work. Plain and simple. So help me out by giving it a go.

Thanx. BoxHost - Code Sharing!

Cool idea. A bit of a niche, but cool.

A word of advice... either issue sunglasses or think about a less harsh shade of color.

Well with MSN we just send the code back and forth. If we are gonna send something why not it be the code instead of a link?

Forums already have Code boxes which keeps it inline.

But i do agree with Trotter. The color scheme is a bit harsh.

But that is just my opinion. Old habits that die hard.

But i do agree with Trotter. The color scheme is a bit harsh.

Honestly, i like it. So id rather keep me happy than the one or two people that view it a day.

Anyway, its been updated!
- E-mail input, send a copy of the link to yourself of a friend.
- Fixed escaping characters (/)
- Smoother

Enjoy. :)

Hello Zedman,

Using a color scheme that makes you happy and the 2 other visitors say it is harsh will only guarentee that the site will never make it big. You have to please the visitors of the site. Not just yourself. If by chance that the site started to become popular with developers they would not use it for this reason and code one for themselves.

Just my thoughts on that though. I could be wrong. But the truth is you have to make the guests happy or they will not return.

Cheers,
Mak

Nice idea, but the lime green not a good idea. Try an avoid colours that are to vivid, pale neutral tones.

Oookaay, i may change the color. I just wish people had posted what they thought of the actual idea, and the engine and such as well as the color. You know, helps justify a week of solid work.

Hello,

I had posted that stuff already. I made mention of how Every Forum already has this feature. I made mention of how to securely do it among friends. I do not know many coder that want to have thei code openly shared like this. Doing so will only ensure that the code will be ripped of and used exactly as they have written it without their permission. Every Coder i know is very protective of their code.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom