Blocking Torrents

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamond55

Baseband Member
wondering if theres a way to block torrents being downloaded on a lan with about 100 pc's, blocking ports wont work cause the people who are downloading torrents know how to change them we've tried that but thats about it, ne suggestions would be greatful

or even blocking the torent program would be good also

the people who download torrents have there own laptop so they dont log into an existing account, so cannt block it that way either.

Turn off universal Plug and Play. Even if they change the port on their torrent app. If the router doesn't have that port forwarded to their lanIP and UPNP is disabled then It won't connect properly and it won't be worth their time.

Also add the torent search sites to your router/firewall's blocked list and that should do it. Even if they use a proxy if your word filter is done properly that will shut them down.

Ethereal_Dragon said:
What about a policy of blocking all ports and just opening those that are needed?

Ditto :cool:

PS. There's also a way of filtering file extention, but I'm not sure where to look, I know the ISP can do it, but it probably requires expensive equipments. I suggest the "block all ports and open only needed ones"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom