Bing Grabs 10 Percent of Search Market

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Bing Grabs 10 Percent of Search Market

It looks like Microsoft might have cause for celebration today. The company's new search engine now has 10% of the market and is currently the fastest growing search engine among the top ten. Wow, not bad.

Microsoft's new Bing search service is the fastest-growing U.S. search engine among the top 10, according to a Nielsen report released Monday. The total amount of searches on Bing rang in at 1.1 billion for the month of August, a leap of 22.1 percent over July, winning Microsoft a 10.7 percent share of the search engine market.

I will try to hide my enthusiasm by saying "Yahoo!!!"

lol, +rep
Edit: If I could -_-

Interesting though, that was quick! Wonder how much of that is just because people using IE who don't know the difference between Google and Bing andtc.

Not bad, but it HAS been around for a while now anyway. 10% is still not that much.
Lol, looks like exactly what's happening with the Mac/PC thing.

Interesting though, that was quick! Wonder how much of that is just because people using IE who don't know the difference between Google and Bing andtc.

Yes. Because most computer users just use what ever it in front of them unless they where told otherwise.

I wouldnt say that. Google is known by even the most n00bish of PC users. When you have shows like The T.O. Show on VH1 having people say "Google me" it is not a hidden fact of life about Google.

That is just one of many shows that i have seen or heard Google's name. True some may still use what is in front of them, but just about everyone who has ever been online knows of Google. So it can be that they choose to use bing as well.

Not to mention that motherboard like gigabyte has on the install CD a little ini file or some thing that will automatically change IE defualt page to Google. You get this if you is the INSTALL ALL feature on from the motherboard Cd.

Bing has some ads on TV... I don't remember there ever being an ad for Google. That might have something to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom