Beware of Cheap Xbox 360 Consoles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which could bring to question whether or not you could change the MAC of the 360 or not like you can on computers lol.

On topic though...may have to pick up a 360 for cheap on fleabay now, considering I don't have an intention of getting Live (I don't feel like paying for online).

You can't change anything MAC address, its burned into the chip. You can spoof one though.

Wanna bet? My MSI K7N2 Delta ILSR has an option in the bios to change the mac, actualy have to set it or the mac is literaly, all 0's.... Even said in the user manual that if you used it's built in nic that it must be set...

Microsoft bans the individual console's keyvault, which I assume is like a MAC address. Although you can change the keyvault if you have another valid one. Some people have been able to get back onto xbox live after being banned by overwriting their old keyvault with a new valid one.

I would assume a keyvault is similar to the max, or serial, and they do a filtering... Kinda like cdkeys and multiplayer games... If it isn't on the list of approved ones anymore, you just flat out cant connect.

Was checking eBay/Craigslist the other day for cheap 360's, and one guy on craigslist was talking about the keyvault and said it was a CPU code...dunno if that's actually what it is or if it's something different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom