backup 10

XWrench3

Daemon Poster
i noticed in the "read me" files of windows 10, that we are "allowed" to make a copy for backup purposes. but after the initial download and configuring, the icon that took me to the 10 download is gone. do i copy files that are already in my system, or download from Microsoft? the later would be much easier for me, IF i could do that.

just the windows 10 download. so in case i have problems down the road, i will be able to reinstall the 10 software. i did a complete system backup just prior to installing the 10 update. so that in the event there was a major problem, i could at least go back to a known, good, working operating system. to be honest, i expected a certain amount of trouble with 10. every o.s. that has ever come out has had a certain amount of issues. just some have been way more problematic than others.

just the windows 10 download. so in case i have problems down the road, i will be able to reinstall the 10 software. i did a complete system backup just prior to installing the 10 update. so that in the event there was a major problem, i could at least go back to a known, good, working operating system. to be honest, i expected a certain amount of trouble with 10. every o.s. that has ever come out has had a certain amount of issues. just some have been way more problematic than others.

Then use the link I provided above - that will allow you to either create a bootable disc/flash drive or save the ISO for later.

I would do exactly the same thing, creating a bootable disc, and also backup all the data to external hard drive. I'm considering using macrium reflect free or easeus todo back free. Honestly, I dont trust microsoft in backup tools.

Back
Top Bottom