AVG free cd

Status
Not open for further replies.

odie072

Baseband Member
My daughter is having some problems with her HP Pavilion w/ windows 7 that she purchased new back in Feb. She has AVG free on her computer, but about a month ago, she moved to a place that doesn't have internet available. Before she moved, a supposed friend(ex friend now) was on my daughters computer, and now my daughter has been told through another friend that this girl's boyfriend is a hacker and she had put some kind of a "time bomb" virus on my daughters computer:angry::angry:.

She didn't have any problems till this morning, but now it locks up and goes to blue screens. She is also getting error messages that audio and some other programs are not working, to include AVG and even Windows defender. Talking to her on the phone, I had her put the computer in Safe mode and she wasn't getting any crashes, but the AVG still doesn't work, but CCleaner worked just fine. I'm going up tomorrow(over 2 hrs away) and take a look to see if I can do anything.

My question is, is there anyway I can download a copy of AVG free onto a CD with the updates?? I have a purchased copy of AVG but I don't think that will help without the internet. If all else fails, I'll bring her computer home where I'll have internet, but I'm trying to avoid an extra trip. And yes, it would be easier for her to take it to a tech, but her hubby is caught up in the unemployment issues and money is extremely tight for them, hence the move to where there is no internet access.

Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance for any help.

odie072

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom