Athlon XP 2500+ @ 220x10 vs. XP 3200+(200x11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah and I have a Barton made before Week 39 of 2003 which is fully unlocked. It is a 3000+ and I can get somewhere around $250 for the chip alone, it is that rare!

I can do that because all AMD processors were unlocked before Week 39 of 2003. After that, the multipliers were locked on standard AXP processors excluding mobile ones.

First of all, I dont' think you can adjust the multiplier on your AXP 2500+ since that is a Barton. Unlocked Bartons are extremely rare.
Yeah I could sworn I said 'assuming you have an unlocked multiplier' but I think that was in another OC'ing post...coulda sworn I addressed it =/ ahh well.

Also they do have things called the 'power strip' which goes around the pins of your CPU which by connecting them it unlocks the multiplier. Another way of doing this is sticking small U shaped copper wires in a couple different places in the socket. This too unlocks the multiplier BUT, I think both of those things only work on the CPU's that weren't 'Super Locked' by AMD.

It is a 3000+ and I can get somewhere around $250 for the chip alone, it is that rare!
Someone who knew what they were doing would be foolish to buy that chip for the first place, but secondly paying that much. It's no where near worth that all though I know it's cause it's before week 39 still, if someone wanted to OC the XP-Mobile would be their savior unless someone has a sentimental attachment to a pre-week 39 3000+

Also, there are some mobos that provide features like the power strip or bridging mod that will supposedly unlock those CPU's that are not 'Super locked' but basically everything after week 39 is super locked and all those little tricks wont work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom